You make your destiny

Humberto - Oak Lawn, Illinois

Some people might say that your life has been already written in stone, but I believe that you make your own life. I say this considering that you will have different obstacles throughout your lifetime that will each lead to different places. Every obstacle will have a different outcome even though; they will seem to lead to the same place. Everything in life is possible just as long as you do not give up because; if you give up you will not achieve your goal and will cause you to have a different outcome than planned.

In life, you will have many different choices that each will determine your fate differently. Because no one can make decisions for you or to tell you what is the right choice, since they do not know what you are going thru. They can only give options on what to do but you decide what you will do. The options you get in life will have a positive result and a negative result. There might be times when you might make the wrong choice in life that will bring you down but, the good thing is that can you always change your ways to get back on track to where you want to be.

There are also some people that might say that life is already written for you and all you need to do is live it, which I find hard to believe because sometimes-in life when you plan; something else might occur and will make you change your plans. Like for example, even though trains have railroad tracks to follow there are times they get off track, and cause them to be late. This is why I think life is not already written, because there is always something that will pop up at the last minute.

I have experienced events in my life, that I have concluded that you can change your future. One event that I remember is when I was a sophomore in high school and I was almost failing my chemistry class. My teacher also told me that I did not have a chance to pass the class, because I needed a good grade in the final. In order for me to pass the class, so what I did was that I went for extra help after school and studied harder. Even though, my teacher said that I had no chance passing the class. I still tried my best to change things around so in the end I could prove my teacher wrong. I did get an A on the final, which boosted my grade up enough for me to pass the class.

In conclusion, every person has their own belief about their future but for me I believe you make your own destiny. You will have different obstacles throughout your lifetime that will each lead to different places. Everything in life is possible just as long as you do not give up.