Hard Work Creates Miracles

Andrew - Manlius, New York
Themes: work

Everyday, millions of people wish for a miracle. Many believe in miracles, but I do not. Instead, I believe in the value of hard work.

Miracles may be more exciting and capture people’s attention, but in reality, hard work is what achieves goals. Working hard may seem boring and tedious, but it can be counted on to get the job done time and time again. Miracles are an illusion and serve no purpose. Miracles are a lazy person’s way of accomplishing their goals.

Working hard is how we succeed. The phrase “practice makes perfect” describes how we learn to do something. For example, in order to learn how to do a snowboarding trick, you need to practice many times before you can expect to perform the trick flawlessly. Along the way, you may fall and even get hurt, but practicing is much more reliable than hoping for success the very first time.

In 9th grade, I discovered the true value of hard work. I spent hours studying for my global history exam. Still I wondered if I had any chance of getting a good grade. I found out the test was incredibly easy mostly because of all the time I spent preparing for the exam. Some might say that it was a “miracle” that the test was easy. But I know the long hours I spent preparing for the exam resulted in my good grade.

During your school career, some tests will be easy and some tests will be hard. Your approach to each test should be the same; taking good notes, reviewing the material, and testing yourself along the way. If you follow these steps, your chances of doing well are greatly increased.

My father began his career as a teacher. He spent extra time participating in public events and community activities. This allowed him to earn promotions and become a principal. He didn’t stop there. He continued to work hard and eventually was promoted to the position of Director of Fine Arts and Social Studies. His hard work and effort allowed him to achieve goals he never thought possible.

Work hard and don’t give up. Successful people do not rely on miracles. Instead, they rely on constant effort and perseverance. Goals are achieve slowly and methodically with careful planning along the way. Goals are not achieved by wishful thinking and the belief in miracles. Hard work may seem boring, but it is the only way to accomplish your goals.