Laugh Out Loud

Savannah - gainesville, Florida

I believe that laughing can make almost anyone happy when they are down. The main reason why I believe in this is because it works with me. For example, one time I got very gloomy and unhappy because I just had a break-up. I thought that nothing would be the same for a couple of weeks. The next day I went to school and my friends noticed something unusual about the way I was acting. I ended up telling them the whole story. Afterwards they decided that the way they were going to cheer me up was to make me laugh. Every time I saw them in the hall ways or between classes they would always think of some way to get me laughing. At the end of the day I just figured that the only people I truly needed were my friends and family, and just to forget about the little problems I am having such as break-ups.

Also, whenever my younger sister gets really upset with me because I might have teased her or something, she gets kind of down and mad. A way that my mother and I help her to turn her frown into a smile is by joking around with each other and teasing ourselves. I also sometimes do crazy dances while she videotapes me and then we watch the video afterwards. This helps her so much and that we can not stop my sister from being silly.

One other example is this one time when one of my friends told me her parents might be getting in a divorce. She said that they were arguing a lot and that her and her mother would stay some nights with one of her mom’s closest friend. I talked to her about it since I new what it was like already, but that did not seem to help as much in the moment as the other thing we did. After talking together we went and put on our bathing suits. We played in her yard and went splashing around in the swimming pool. We had a great time and ended up laughing a lot. When ever one of my friends is down I always end up making them laugh because it is fun, and even when they are not down I usually make them laugh too.

There are probably a lot of ways that laughing is good for people, but one of the most beneficial ways is that it helps most people feel happier when they are down. Whether it is that their fish died or their grandparent died, I think that laughing can put a little more happiness in their heart, mind, and spirit.