Achieving Your Goal

Caroline - manlius, New York

Achieving Your Goals

I believe that if you give your all, in the end you will achieve all your goals. If people in the world today didn’t follow this belief, then the world would be filled with slackers. This does not just apply to me, a fifteen year old high school student, but everyone who is trying to achieve a goal.

When I came into the school year this year, I set a goal that I am going to push myself to get good grades. When I got my five week interim my parents were so proud of what I accomplished. It felt really good to know that it wasn’t impossible to achieve my goal. I just needed to use a little more effort into assignments.

My mom said to me, “I knew you were a smart girl all along you just had to believe that you could achieve this.” To know that I can change what I want in life relies on how much I really wanted something amazed me. I just needed to put more effort into my daily actions.

This can also be reflected on when you have to deal with a group of people all hoping to reach the same goal. This year on my field hockey team, we had to go on long runs for every practice. The team was made up of sophomores and freshman. My coach decided that since we were all in high school, then we were responsible enough to be able to run by ourselves in groups around the school. As the weeks went on my team found out that some of the girls were walking the whole time. And also hiding behind a storage building and just staying there. The rest of us found this very unfair since we were working as hard we could, unlike the others.

This got me to start thinking. If you are going to join a team you should know that you are going to have to run a lot, especially on a Junior Varsity team. I didn’t understand why people wouldn’t want to push themselves to become a better runner and improve overall as an athlete. I know for sure that I am not the best runner on the team, but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop working hard and just give up.

I do believe that this is a very helpful way to look at things. When ever I am stuck I turn to this belief to know that I can succeed know matter how difficult it might seem at first. It’s ok to know that it might take some time to work though it; but to me all that matters is the fact that I will be successful in the end.