Healing with Love

Olivia - Providence, Rhode Island
Themes: love

Love. What is love? Can one not love? Can one not be loved? There are so many questions, and all without answers, but I say, love is the best medicine. I don’t just mean for a metaphorical wound, I mean for any wound, whether it’s a broken heart or a broken leg. If you love someone, then you will stand by them. Love itself doesn’t come in liquid or gas form to heal the person magically, no, it’s something that takes a lot more time, and is impossible to see with the eye. The love gives someone a reason to fight. If they have someone that will support them while they are hurt, they will heal faster. Love is a complicated thing, but when understood, it’s never forgotten.

I like a show called Naruto. It’s and animated show about ninjas, but there are many important lessons, many deep meanings in it, and I have learned a lot. In Naruto, one of the characters is a boy named Rock lee. In one episode, Rock Lee was in a fight, and he had to use a move that would kill the person that used it, but he would win the fight. However, for some reason, his opponent stopped to move from causing serious damage, and even more amazing, was that Rock Lee didn’t die. To Rock Lee, wining meant more than anything, but not for himself, for others. Not only did he end up losing the battle and was seriously injured, but the doctors all told him he could never live as a ninja again.

Rock Lee loved a girl named Sakura, but she didn’t love him. If I could re-write that, there would be another girl, a girl named Kasha. Kasha would love Rock Lee, and she would be there, not hovering, but postponing following her dream, to make Rock Lee’s come true. She would be beside Rock Lee and it would help him get better. Rock Lee would have even more of a reason to get strong again because he had someone to get strong for, yet another person who cared. Rock Lee would not realize that Kasha loved him until the end, but she would know he didn’t realize, and she wouldn’t mind. Kasha would stay there, temporarily putting aside her goals, and when Rock Lee finally understood what she was giving up for him, he would realize that it was her love that made him stronger, her love that helped heal the wounds, her love that saved him.

Love may create wounds, there will always be another love to heal it. Love will give someone something to get better for, even if they don’t know it at the time. Even if a person rejects your love, it will seep in a little, and still make a difference. No matter how big or small the injury is, love will always help it, slowly but surely.

Love can heal any wound, this I believe.