The Real Thing

Amanda - Gulfport, Mississippi
Themes: love

I have had many experiences in my short time on this Earth. The one experience I never thought I would get to live is love at first site. No matter how much I wanted to believe love at first site was possible, I never thought it would happen to me until I met Devin Anthony Moore.

It was a cold December night in south Mississippi. I drove over to an apartment complex on the beach to hang out with a few friends. I had just recently gone through a horrible abusive relationship that lasted on and off for one year. Love was just out of the question for me, as for dating at the moment.

As I walked into my friend’s apartment I saw him. He was tall, dark, and handsome. It sounds cliché but that is how I saw him. He was sitting on the couch strumming his guitar. I could not help but stare at this handsome man. As I sat down next to him he introduced himself as did I. He had the most adorable smile I had ever seen. When he smile I could not help but smile as well.

After a few nights of talking and hanging out all night he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. I of course said yes. He nor I had ever felt this way before towards another soul. It was like God had sent me to Kevin and Holly’s apartment on a mission to find him. God wanted me to find my other half.

The “I love you” phrase came quickly in our relationship but it was 100 percent pure and true. We both knew we had fallen in love with each other. It was absolute love at first site. We started talking about his going away to boot camp in late January of the upcoming year. He told me if I waited on him he would come back for me. We would move all over the country, all over the world, and be together for the rest of our lives. We would have three or more beautiful children together and a beautiful home to raise them in on the west coast of southern California. We had big plans ahead for our future together.

This is how it happened. This is the way I found true love. It was fast and it was beautiful. It was love at first site. From that day forward I will never tell another soul that love at first site does not exist. I know for a fact now that it does, and I will never let my love for Devin Anthony Moore fade away.