I Believe in Friends

Yubing - Vienna, Virginia

Family provides you shelter, food and a place. You want to be with them all the time, but you can’t. One day you will have to go far away because of college, work or another life. Then, other families knock on your door-your friends.

Friends don’t need to always have common interests. It will be just fine if you can chat nicely. You guys can stick around, talking, not caring about tomorrow; just thinking about present. Laughing out loud, expressing feelings. All will enjoy the time, even when it is time to leave.

As time goes, connections between you and them grow. You know more about them, they know more about you, an invisible chain link everyone together. The chain will grow larger and stronger friendship will form.

Friends are always there with you. They share your happiness and cheer you up when you are down. They will always be around you, listening to your heart. They will depend on you and you will depend on them. One day you might even ask yourself what will happen if you didn’t met him or her.

I have two or three deeply chained friends. One of them is Jiangshan. He was my best friend though elementary school. We were separated after middle school. We were always together in elementary school. We were like twins. In fact, we called ourselves the twin stars.

Once, I fell into a deep hole inside the construction area of the school and injured my leg. No one wanted to help me because they were afraid to slip into it, too. Then a rod suddenly appeared and I saw Jiangshan calling to me.

“Come on, get out!”

I got out with the help of him. I was really happy and later I heard that he injured his arm that day. He helped my even when he was hurt. We save each other from time to time. We are there for each other, always.

Richard is my other strong friend. We have only known each other for one year, but it feels like we have known each other for years. We study together, have parties together and enjoy times together. We are always there to save each others butt. During a project, I was panicking because I only had one day left and I couldn’t find the required articles. I called Richard for help; he got out of his bed and worked with me until 12 a.m. I got a 95 because of his help.

When you are not in the family shelter, your friends are there. They will ride the rollercoaster of life with you. It lasts tightly, no matter how many up and downs the ride has.