Have A Sweater With That and Just Chill

Mark - El Paso, Texas

I believe being stressed, angry, anxious, mad, sad, aggressive, mean, or any other negative feelings are just plain stupid. I believe that getting yourself in a bad mood is only a way of making matters worse. We all have problems, I have problems, and I have learned that one way to turn a bad situation into an even worse one is to lose my cool. I believe in just chillin. Taking things as they come and never freaking out over an obstacle that jumps in our way.

As a kid I remember waiting for my Father to pick me up after school. I had the same routine everyday for years. I would wake up, go to school, learn and have a lot of fun with all of my friends. The last thing of the day would be waiting for my Father to pick me up from school. I would wait after school with the rest of my friends as we would hang out and all wait for our rides home. As I followed my routine I would always be the last of my friends to be picked up from school by my Father. I was not the last one all the time because my Father was working late, because he had car trouble, or even because there was traffic on the way but because he was always busy with other things already. My Father would be continuously late because he would be at the Casino gambling and lose track of the time. I was never told by my Father why he was late all the time but it never seemed like a big deal to him. I knew why he was always late and never told him anything about it; I guess to me it was just no big deal, but inside I knew how much this really hurt me thinking that my Father would rather gamble than pick me up.

I like to think that I took the matter well until one day I was fed up. I walked home to my Grandma’s house only to find no one home. I went around the back of the house to find a way in and saw that the window was not locked. I had done this before and it was not a problem for me to get into the house through the window. As I stepped up to try to open the window I slipped and my hand went right through the glass. I was cut up and bleeding when only moments later my father would show up to my Grandma’s house to pick me up. I had never been so angry and mad even though my father was never inconsistent in not picking me up from school on time. Why now?

I believe in taking things easy, not worrying about what is going to happen or worrying about how to fix the problem. I believing in chillin out making the best of what you can and staying on your track. So next time your feel heated and cant control your flaming temper try having a sweater with that and just chill.