You Were Meant to Experience What You Go Through

Sarah - Alpine, Utah

Life in Junior High was a trying time. It was a time I learned a lot, but I struggled through much with myself. I was depressed, withdrawn and felt really terrible about myself. I had friends, but I never came that close to them. Though I never came close to seriously act upon them, suicidal thoughts came frequently to me. In my mind I created stories, and through them, worlds for me to “space out” into. I dwelt in these “worlds” so much that they almost became a literal reality to me. I closed myself from just about everyone.

Towards the end of my eighth grade year, my mom came across some people who knew how to clear this sort of problem using certain healing modalities. At first, I didn’t want help, but it didn’t take that long for me to gradually accept their help. They helped me clear generational problems, strong, core beliefs about myself, and shift my thought processes and my general mood and outlook on life. They taught me to have a positive attitude and that we are all meant to experience what we go through in life.

Looking back, I am somewhat glad that I went through those tough years of junior high. I understand that junior high is pretty much a trying time for just about everyone, but I believe that I endured those years for a purpose. I don’t know what the exact purpose is, but I believe that it’s possible that I was meant to help others who are going through the exact same thing I did whether they are in junior high, high school, or beyond.

I’ve been through other struggles where it was for the best. I moved at important times in my life where I had friends, felt good about myself, and maintained confidence. Moving nearly shattered the self-foundation I built for myself. I’m generally a shy person, and don’t make friends too quickly, but with the confidence I had left, I managed to make new friends who helped me become an even better person. It was for the best and I was meant to experience that change.

Those who are going through even more serious situations than I did can learn the way I learned that you can truly depend on others to help and support you when you need it, even when you don’t want it. I learned that even simply thinking, “This too shall pass” can help get you through the tough situations. Having a positive (but not happy-go-lucky) attitude can do wonders, too. I’ve grown to think that whenever I experience something rough, it’s only for my own good, and I can learn from it to help others, if they are willing to accept my help. I want to help them learn and know that they were meant to experience what they go through.