Dazed and Confused

david - Carmel Valley, California
Themes: equality

I believe in equality and the equality factors into my rational thoughts and helps decide how I act. For instance I won a warcraft staff, but the person who let me have the staff wanted a spider talisman, so I was not very angry when he got it, since he gave me the staff. However if that talisman was taken by someone who already had more items than I did, I would be extremely mad.

I live my life, imagine my thoughts, and think how I want to think. I try not to let things bring me down and always be at least neutral to everyone. I extremely hate school although I have to be here. I hear it helps my future and that I’m going to make a lot of money but school is the least fun part of my day every day and I don’t think it is set up in a good way. Your in the governments control, they hire staff to run the school, its capitalistic. I would rather be home with my family or hanging out with my friends. Because there we are not watched or forced to act any different way, when we are their, there are no rules, at least not as many.

I have a strange belief system and my parents don’t even understand it. The school labeled me as a “discipline” problem. I don’t like taking crap from people with fake authority. He’s a person, and I’m a person and as long as arguing isn’t illegal than I am going to argue. To their “school rules” I have committed a crime. However I know I did not hurt anyone or cause any problems. I simply disagreed with what they thought, and they attempted to punish me, and my reaction is **** no, you are not going to punish me; I have not done anything wrong. I wish they would be able to understand but apparently my discipline problem is not really a discipline problem instead something bigger, I don’t know what yet. The only people ever going to “discipline” me are my parents, the rest of you know nothing about me, have rarely even seen me. Why should you be able to punish me if you don’t know me and you can’t fix what you don’t know? Even my parents tell me to go to the detention but I still say no, and fight a way to get out of it, and succeed. I am smart enough to dodge the bullet that was unfairly fired at me. You can try to fix the way I choose to follow the rules at this concentration camp but you’re not going to change me at all. I don’t expect school to understand though, I think it’s a screwed up system and needs to be completely reformed.

My parents tell me that smoking weed is bad, no crap, I agree kids shouldn’t smoke. If the kid is smart enough to know this and not abuse it, than I think it should be allowed. If they really want me to stop, we need to have a compromise, however they are adults and it might just be that whole generation that thinks like that. I have no idea but all I know is that the future is going to be run by completely different minds and things are going to drastically change when I’m older.

My view on equality is how I judge actions in the real world, and keep your friends and family closest. I don’t really have a core belief. I just live my life as happily as I can and hope I make it through another day/week/month/year. Because living happily is the most important thing in my life to me.