I Believe in Religion

Jeshua - rexburg, Idaho

I believe in religion.

I believe in religion. I would say that 90% of my friends are other religions besides my own. I am a Latter-day Saint, or more known as a Mormon. I have friends who are Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Agnostic, Buddhist, you name it, and I can name a friend who is one. I love learning about other religions and have for practically all my life. It helps me gain a better understanding where people are at in their lives and where I can help them convert to what I believe to be the true gospel and religion on earth today. Sure, sometimes I can get a little nervous when sharing the gospel, but its just like when you get the butterflies in your stomach when you are about to give a big speech.

My best friend Mimi says she’s atheist, whom I don’t believe, and I found where she is at with our Heavenly Father in her life. I was able to talk with her about my faith and I know because of my strong faith, I have helped her grow strong towards her Father in Heaven. By understanding her beliefs and morals, I was able to get her to start praying to her Father in Heaven and now, from what I know, she does it often.

The same goes with my friend Ellen. She is a non-denominational Christian and has a strong faith in Christ. Because of my friend Heidi and I, talking and showing good works about us being Mormon, she was open, after 4 years, of going to church with us. By this simple action, she has gained a better understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She learned that we don’t do practically all the things her pastor’s have previously talked about.

Then there is my friend Mitesh. He is Hindu and he is one of my best friends. We have a mutual bond about certain things. He knows my moral values, and knows that I choose not to do many things such as drinking or smoking. Even though he does not do anything that would harm is body as I do, to what I know, he understands my ways of thinking and moral values.

What help me progress as a person, is my belief in Christ. I have faithfully, prayfully and diligently studied different religions and felt that this is the true church of our Lord.

Religion is the keystone in all of our lives. Without it, we couldn’t survive. Some say they are atheist. I personally don’t believe that, take the old saying, “There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.” We all believe in something, and without that ideal, that force that drives our souls, we cannot progress in life. So hey, if I didn’t have a strong belief in being Latter-day Saint, then I wouldn’t be here, to bless your lives today!