The First Snow

Emily - Clayton, Indiana
Themes: nature

I believe in the first snow. The first snow of the year when the world around you is covered in white. That first step you take into the fresh powder, forever leaving your footprint behind. The first snowball that you hurl while you are waiting for the bus to come. The snow angels that are scattered across the front lawn. The very first frosty the snowman of the season. That’s what I believe in.

When the first snow comes it takes your breath away. I remember when I was a little girl, always looking outside my window late at night to watch it snow. When the flakes are coming down in sheets, so that you can only see white, and the ground is twinkling underneath the moon, it’s the most beautiful sight in the world. Everything just seems to stand still.

I believe that when the world is covered in white it is at peace. There is no turmoil, hate, or anger. The world around you seems to be covered in the glittery white powder, and that’s all that matters.

The first snow of the winter is the most magical one. For many youngsters it’s the first time that they get to play in the snow. The first time that they can walk on cloud like snow, and the first time that they eat some of it! It is something that they will never forget, and that’s why it is so beautiful.

I love the way the snow looks when it’s two in the morning and the ground and streets are untouched by little footprints and tire tracks. The world is completely silent and the only motion is the falling snow. The way that the world around you seems to stand completely still. I love that feeling. It’s the best feeling in the world. I just love to look outside and see the snow perfectly untouched on the ground. It’s one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

When I was younger, I always loved going out on the first day that we had snow making snow angels and snowmen. I would always drink hot chocolate with my brother and have snowball fights. We would always have snowball fights while we were waiting for the bus in the morning. Those are the kinds of things that you can only do when you have snow.

I think that when you have the first snow of the season it signifies a fresh start. It’s something new that only happens once a year. The first snow always means something to me, that’s why I believe in it.