Take That Risk

Ryan - Manlius, New York

The older you get, the more time you get to look back on. When you can look back at your life and see the progress you have made, the choices you have decided upon, the chances you’ve taken, you probably want to see a positive history. You want to say to yourself “Wow, I’m proud of myself”. Well at least that’s what I want to say when I’m older.

So what’s the point of telling you this? What I’m trying to present to you is that you should live life to the fullest. Never look back. Don’t regret anything. Just think about the positives that may come out of living your life in the most exciting possible way. Overcome your fears. Be the odd one doing the out of the ordinary thing; show that you’re outgoing.

I personally believe that if I live my live to the fullest and take every single opportunity to be outgoing, I will be able to look back on my decisions and be satisfied. Not every decision I make is going to be the right one. I know that not everyone is going to see what I do in my life and support it. But I feel that if you take chances, the positive will outweigh the negative. The only way to execute this is to take as many chances as possible. Give yourself challenges. Set goals. These are all things that I do as often as possible. I want to be successful in as many aspects of life as I can.

So for as long as I can remember, I have been living by this. Even things you may not consider as huge landmarks in your life may end up being more defining than you think. I can remember when I was really little. I was so scared of roller coasters. I thought they would kill me, literally. For years I just thought about all the terrible things a roller coaster could do. I was terrified of these things. As years went on of passing up even the tiniest of roller coasters, I decided it was time to face my fear. I knew I couldn’t always live my life scared of things. I have to take every chance I can, no matter what. I thought to myself, if all these people enjoy these things, why cant I? See, this wasn’t the most defining moment in my life, but it definitely represents an idea that I live by every day of my life, which is to take as many risks as possible.

I’m not going to tell you that the decision to ride a roller coaster changed my life forever, but I will tell you that it helped set a standard for me. A standard that can help a variety of people in a variety of situations. A standard that I believe in.