The power of the words

An - Salem, Oregon

I believe the words have power. Sometimes I said something good and something bad. Somebody received the happiness after they heard my words also somebody got mad at me by the words I said.

In 2003.I remembered that on that day we will take the physics test. Before the test, we waited outside the classroom. My friend worried it because it difficult for him to understood and remember the study guide. I told him to relax and I also reminded him that he should not worry about it, just to do the best thing he can. The bell rang; we go to the class room and take the test. Before the test hand out, he felt bad and worry. He looked at me and I told him: “do not worry, you can do it”. I think he felt better after he heard my mobilization. The test handed out and the time for test began. After the test he ran to me and asked me about the test. He said: “I did not too bad, I hope it will pass”. I said: “You do not need to worry; I think you will pass this test”. After two weeks, we got the report card. I passed the test and I called to ask him about his grade. He said: “I am happy right now also I appreciated your mobilization”

During 2004, because I made the joked to my friend so he upset and got mad at me. We talked to each other. My friend, he told us the story about him and his family and I thought it impossible. After school, I called my friends and made the joked about the story he told us. I said: “The story he told us, it impossible. We should not believe it. He is the liar”. Because the story so we do not talk to him the day after that day. He asked: “Why do not you talk to me?” and I answered: “Because the story you told us is lie so we do not believe you and also we do not want to talk to you anymore”. I went away after that and left him behind. But after my mother went to the Parent-Teacher conference day and she heard the story about him. She went home and told me the story. I felt sorry because I thought he told us the lie and then I thought I need to do something to make him happy. I called him and told him that I sorry and felt about that things I said. But he did not accept it and our friendship broken on that day.

I believe that the words have the power. I have learned the lesson from everything I saw and heard before. I think everybody needs to think carefully before you say it to everybody.