Dog’s are Good Friends

Kyla - Evansville, Indiana

I have always been a big dog lover all my life. Ever since I can remember my family has had a dog. This year I graduated and moved a little over and hour away from home to go to school. This was the first time I had ever moved away from my mom and family so it was really hard on me. Once I got moved in I went home every weekend to see my mom. Every weekend I would go home I would also see my three dogs Trump, Boots, and Tia. When I would go home my dogs would be so excited to see me as I was to see them too. I began to realize how weird it is not to have dogs where I lived, and how much I actually missed them. So that’s when I came to the conclusion, that I believe dogs are good friends.

I would go home on the weekends to hang out with my mom and the dog‘s. Mom, the dogs, and I would lay on the couch and watch movies and just enjoy being around each other. The dogs enjoyed being around me as much as I did them. The whole weekend I was home the dogs would follow me around showing me just how much they did miss me. They practically wouldn’t even let me sleep without being by my side. But I didn’t mind this for one reason, because they didn’t bother me. Theses dogs weren’t constantly talking or judging my every move, no they were just following me around, out of pure curiosity. Even when I’m gone on the weekend my mom and the dogs are still really close. To my mom theses dogs are not only like a friend to keep her company but also her body guard when she at home at night alone. Dogs are not only good friends they are loyal too and that’s what makes them even more special. I love my dogs and it may sound crazy I believe there good friends, but I do for many reasons

You can talk to your dogs tell them whatever you want and they will listen without even getting mad at you. You could even be in a bad mood all day and yell and scream at your dog for no reason, but at the end of the day they will still be right by your side waiting for the next move you are about to take. My dogs even look forward to seeing me in the morning. Me feeding them and taking them outside nothing gets them more excited then that. People take there dogs places and around other people jus like you do your friends but I believe that dogs are good company. They are there when you are tired and just need someone to relax with and watch television with. I look forward to seeing my dogs jus like I look forward to seeing a good friend.