Impossible

Nicholas - Gulfport, Mississippi

I believe in nothing. This doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in anything but actually a lot more than that. What stops me from writing the most beautiful song in the world? Nothing. What stops me from painting the most colorful painting or climbing the tallest mountain? Nothing. Nothing is an incredible force.

I recently left the girl whom I consider to be the love of my life because she only seemed to have nothing to say to me. Her saying nothing made me think she felt nothing for me and made me feel like nothing. Despite it being my choice to leave her, I miss her greatly. I long to hear nothing come from her lips again. I believe if I tried to make things the way they were before I could, but for some reason I don’t have the will to try. Nothing is stopping me from winning her back.

Since then I’ve amazed myself with how much nothing I can do. Nothing makes me feel better. Nothing gives me relief from the responsibilities I have and just can’t handle now. Things I used to do daily are now replaced with nothing. It is now quite a chore just to get out of bed to go visit friends. Before the break up I enjoyed playing music for hours a day, but now I just can’t bring myself to holding a guitar or touching the keys of a piano. Writing has also been incredibly hard for me. Nothing is all I can think about. Nothing is all I can write. It is impossible to fill a page with nothing.

Nothing may be an abstract idea, but I have found it to be stronger than concrete. I’ve been trying lately to break the cycle of nothing and get my life back on track, but through all of this nothing I see a lesson to be learned. The same thing that is keeping me now from completing my ordinary activities now is also keeping me from completing extraordinary ones. Nothing is stopping me, all I have to do is do it.