Corey - Hollywood, Florida

There I was, racking my brain for a specific belief I had about life in general. After given this assignment, I couldn’t stop thinking about what I was going to write. But then, it hit me. While thinking about the subject at hand, I was walking up the stairs. Now, I have a habit of doing one of the most embarrassing things ever. Falling up the stairs. Sometimes, I totally bail and luckily no one really notices, but other times I pull it off with grace.

I am probably the clumsiest person you’ll ever know. Seriously. I’ve broken a toe with a shampoo bottle. Not just you’re average shampoo bottle. One of those fancy ones you buy from a salon, shaped like a torpedo for extra toe breaking abilities. I’ve also broke a foot playing kick ball. And it was just an ordinary game of kick ball, not the semi-final game of extreme kick ball. I’ve also slammed many fingers in doors. Front doors, patio doors, side doors, car doors, sliding glass doors, and garage doors. You name it and I’ve most likely slammed my fingers in it. I’m still waiting for that doggy door incident. I’ve even fallen out of trees, like one time I was reaching for a mango, and ended up eating grass instead of the ripest mango on the tree. None of those accidents compare to spilling the occasional hot liquids like soup or scalding coffee from the drive through doesn’t compare to grabbing the oven rack with a too-small-for-my-hand potholder. And that doesn’t even come close to catching your hair on fire from as lit candle during Christmas dinner.

All these clumsy acts were carried out with grace and unflappable composure. It’s this inherent grace that gives me the dignity I deserve. I believe even the most clumsiest people can be graceful.