It’s Supposed to be This Way

Heidi - Manlius, New York
Themes: hope, setbacks

Life may seem unfair when things do not go the way you want them too. You may question your faith and wonder if this was really supposed to happen. Bad things don’t happen to people at random. I believe everything happens for a purpose.

I am fifteen years old and have never really had a strong belief on any subject, but I do believe that everything happens because it was meant too. I feel that by having a single belief it closes off the mind to other possibilities for why the world is the way it is and why things happen the way they do in it. Someone once sad, “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder, than closed by belief.” I wonder sometimes why certain things happen, but I know they were meant too for other reasons.

Everyone wants to believe that they live in a fair, just, and livable world. When something bad happens. this causes people to question if the world they have imaged is real. These things happen for a reason, it may not be clear what it is, but they happen because they were meant too.

When someone passed on in my friend’s family it had seemed like they couldn’t have done anything to deserve the pain that comes along with it; and neither did anyone else that knew them. If the world were fair nobody would have to face that pain. But this tragedy did happen and it has helped our families form a closer bond. It has also helped us build a strong foundation for everyone to have the ext time something unfortunate happens.

Or even on a smaller scale, such as doing poorly on a test. Even though i had studied and that that i had learned the material, by not doing well on it, it taught me to try to learn in a different way. this has helped me throughout my life and taught me how to be successful. Bad things in life happen because something good is supposed to come out of it, which makes something else in life easier.

Things may not work out for the best, but something good will happen because of it. Everything in life is related to each other some how. When on thing happens, everything else that happens after is a result. Everything in life happens for a purpose, this I believe.