Staying off Drugs

Bobby - Evansville, Indiana
Themes: addiction

believe in staying off drugs like Marijuana or any other type of harmful substance. I have had my fair shares with Marijuana, and believe me it didn’t get me anywhere. The only place that marijuana has taken me is a road that led to some trouble in school and out of school. I’m not going to lie, I have made some really bad decisions in my life. I’m going to tell you a little about how what I did led to me getting in a little bit of trouble.

I had these two friends who I always hung out with over summer time. We always where playing video games or just hanging around the house. Then one day came when they brought back some marijuana they had bought. They had told me they got it for pretty cheap and planed on selling it together to some friends around town. We lived in a semi-big town, but we mostly new all the people that smoked weed. When they started this I never was really with them a whole lot, the only time I saw them was when I would go over to one of their houses. That’s when I really started picking up smoking weed; they always smoked me out for free because they would make their money back off what they got and then smoke the rest. They always told me it was not even about the money but about the fact that we can all smoke for free now. But there were times I knew they were making some money, pretty easy and fast money. When I saw how much they were making it really drew me in, all I could think about was, wow there making some easy money. I began to listen a lot more to their conversations an tried to pick up as much information as I could. Now going back to the smoking part, I would only smoke once in awhile because I was scared that I was going to get in trouble or my parents find out. When the end of summer came one of my two good friends moved out of town. That’s when I realized that I could take his spot and start making some money. So I talked to my other good friends about what I was thinking about doing, he said that was cool. That’s when the smoking started to pick up smoking weed a lot. I started to really like smoking, and I thought that as long as I keep my shit together ill be alright. Then school came and everything was alright at first, I was doing what I liked to do, smokes weed and make a little bit of money on the side. As time went on i started to smoke about four or five times a day, and I noticed that I was slacking off in school. But for some reason I just didn’t care all I was doing was getting high with three of my other buddies every day. The thing is I new what I was doing needed to stop, but I guess I loved smoking so much for free. One day my luck ran short though, I was over at one of my buddy’s apartments. We were doing the same thing smoking some, it was a Friday night. We had a little to many people over and then that’s when the cops walked in the door. There where guts from cigars laying everywhere and it smelled of marijuana bad. First thing the cops asked all of us were who has the weed, no one said anything. I just happened to have some weed left in my pocket at the time and was sitting on the couch. I then immediately stuffed it in the couch when he was not looking at me, thinking I was going to be fine. He told us he was going to search us all, and then if he didn’t find anything he was going to search the apartment. He then added if any weed was found stuffed somewhere are good friend was going to jail. I knew then I couldn’t let my buddy get arrested, so I sat there for a second and confessed. He then gave me a ticket for pos. of marijuana, he told me first time is not bad but if I get a second I could end up in jail.

Getting that ticket was a good thing, it was like a slap in the face telling me I need to change my ways. I really thought about it and realized I had messed up bad this time. From that point on I told myself that I was not going to smoke or even mess with weed, it was not worth the trouble that you can get in. I then started to get my school work back together, and it felt really good to get stuff done. I realized that me getting high all the time was not that much fun, I started to like being sober. I look back on it now and I wish I could go back and make better decisions then I did back then, but we all learn from our mistakes. People don’t realize it but when you start to smoke lots of weed you start to not really care about anything, it like grabs you and won’t let go. I’m happier than ever now and glad I’m off drugs and done selling. I have goals now in life and I’m working to purse them, if it wasn’t for that cop busting me I still might be messing with drugs.