True Love

Desara - Chesapeake, Virginia
Themes: love

True Love

Love is a strong feeling. It is the beat of my heart, the pulse of my blood, and the music in my mind. I believe in love.

What is love? When we were kids, our loves were our toys. As time goes by we engaged in fascinating fairytales. Fairytale stories contained a prince and a princess who fell in love after the prince saved the princess from the antagonist.

As we get older, we understand love is not a fairytale. There are more consequences in our love life then being kidnapped by a bad witch in the fairytale. We hope of finding that someone who makes us feel like a princess.

There is different love in this world. Some loves is expressed through sadness, some through happiness. People are unique in their own way. True love is not defined by how we appear. It’s defined by the person inside us. I found that person who appreciates me.

I was excited to start school. I have always been shy when I met new people. I tried not to talk a lot because of my accent. I hated my accent because it made me different from everyone. But that didn’t last long. The teacher called on me to read. I always blushed because I didn’t want people to hear me and especially a boy named Travis. Sooner that I knew, he switched seats to seat next to me.

He asked me questions about my childhood. While he was talking, I was hypnotized by his golden eyes. He had a pleasant smile that melted my heart. His voice was calming. He was the sweetest boy I ever met. He made me smile and made me laugh all the time. Sooner than I knew, I was falling him. He made me feel like a princess. I didn’t know this could be possible.

As days went by, we grew closer. He became more than a boyfriend, he became my best friend. There wasn’t a day where he didn’t call me. He expressed his love by being there for me. I couldn’t believe a person like this existed for me. I felt like I was in a fairytale.

Some fairytales have a good ending and some don’t. There are times we don’t understand the path one has chosen for us. An example is the love of my parents moving us to America. First I didn’t see it as love. My parents wanted me and my sister to have a better education and they pushed us to get good grades. We didn’t appreciate it at first but if it wasn’t for them, I would never gotten the education I have and I would never met Travis.

Once in a while, in an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale. It lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way. I always believed that you may be one person to the world but you may also be the world to one person.