Lesson learned

Mary - Tacoma,, Washington

November 17, 2004 was the day that changed my life completely. That day the world turned so dark that I hated everyone and I questioned God in so many ways. One moment everything could not be better and then the next moment you lost that person that literally meant the world to you. The one that was the back bone, to not just you, but for your whole family. My dad was everything to me and my family and when he died it changed my whole outlook on life. The first couple months were such a blur and I full of confusion. Why would God let something like this happen? It took me a little while and a lot of reading to realize that God would not put anything on my shoulders that I could not handle. After my dad died,I realized that it only made me stronger as a person. I became more appreciative of people around me. Even though we did not have any money, I finally knew the meaning that money isn’t everything. I’m a survivor of a tragedy that broke my heart and not only do I believe, but I know that God would never put anything on our shoulders that he knew we could not handle.