Danielle - Rexburg, Idaho

I believe in Traveling

I haven’t been very many places in my lifetime, but I plan to travel! The world is full of amazing places waiting for me to go and discover! I find it very interesting to read about far off places and find out about their culture and what makes them different from any other place in this world. Growing up in Salt Lake City I didn’t experience too much of a cultural difference, so learning about other people’s beliefs and how their lives are so much different than my own interests me.

I believe in the way that traveling helps strengthen your families! My mom used to work for an airline so we would take day trips to all over the country, one day we would be in New York to see the statue of liberty and the next be in California to have dinner at our favorite restaurant. Most of our greatest bonding moments have been when we have been traveling: Long waits in the airport, or hanging out in the hotel room, and just being with each other without our distractions from back home. One of my favorite memories that always stuck out in my mind was one time when I was a lot younger, my family was in Florida. It was right before my sister went off to college and it would be the last big get together before everything started to change. We spent one of the days in Disney World’s theme park Epcot and as we were waiting for the big firework show to begin. We were all just talking and laughing and it was then, even though I was a few years younger than everyone else, I knew during just be being with eachother that through thick and thin we will always be there for each other, and since then it has proven itself in many ways.

I believe in the service of helping others through traveling. I see all those commercials and documentaries of the children in Africa who are barely surviving, if I ever have enough money, I am going to use it and go to Africa and teach kids how to read, while on the side building them a school. Becoming a traveler who does service is a dream of mine because not only will I see the world but I will see it with the purpose of helping people out who are in need.

I have found it very important to take life lessons you learn through your travels and inspire other people to travel as well! Many things can be learned and I believe that one day I will be the world traveler that I read about in all those books that taught and helped people along the way that needed help.