War is good, war is bad

Doug - Greeley, Colorado
Themes: war

“History does not long entrust the responsibility of freedom to the weak or the timid.” – Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower.

That was what General Dwight D. Eisenhower said before the launch of the Allies assault on Normandy. This was an assault to liberate the people of Europe from the Nazi yoke. It was to end World War II. A war that was started to end Nazi oppression over Europe. A war to bring peace. Funny that It takes violence to bring peace and death to bring safety. Freedom may have the word “free” in it but that doesn’t mean it’s free it takes sacrifice of many to bring freedom.

War can solve many things. It shouldn’t necessarily be our number one problem solver though. You shouldn’t just start a war because your neighbor’s dog won’t stop barking, or their kids play their music to loud. A war should be started with good reason. Like terrorist hijacking planes and crashing them into buildings, or Nazis sending millions of Jews into concentration camps, or the act of genocide upon any race, religion, or any thing. Had we not stopped Hitler from what he was doing, just imagine what he might have done to the world, or Saddam Hussein, who was responsible for the death of thousands of Kurds.

War really isn’t a good thing, it may be a good solution but, people die. Women lose their husbands, mothers lose their sons, children grow up with the only knowledge of their father, are that he died for a group of people who may or not even be grateful, but it is often a necessary sacrifice.

I challenge any person who says war doesn’t solve anything to prove it. War has saved millions of people, true people die, but if that is compared to how many lives saved from war, there just isn’t comparison.

We can’t very well try to spread peace either, people just wont accept it. We can’t use use flower power to get out of things, all that will get is a knife in the gut.

Also I don’t think any person should ever bash a soldier because remember they are the only ones standing in the way of you and a terrorist, or oppressor of some sort.

War has solved many problems such as terrorism, the holocaust, slavery, and much more, and its done it well, maybe we should stop and think is it as bad as the media leads us to believe?