Read The Book

Krystin - Littleton, Colorado

I believe that books are people and people are books. Each person has their own story that they are waiting to tell or are already telling. That is how I look at my life, a story that is being written everyday. I think judging a book is just like judging a person that I meet on the train or walk by on the street. One glance and I think I know everything there is know about that person, but how can I, when there is a whole unknown story that lies beneath. I love to read; it entertains me and takes me to a new world that I have never seen before. Watching and talking to different people is just like reading books, I get to hear their thoughts and see how they see the world around them.

Walking around the streets is like walking around a bookstore, it is filled with thousands of different stories. Just like a person I look at the cover of a book to see what it has to offer. My parents always tell me, “don’t judge a book by its cover”, but I have to ask how can’t I? What people wear is what they are trying to say about themselves, to make their statement or to keep themselves hidden.

The category one is placed in, such as Jock, Goth, Punk, Gangster, Preppy Depends on what one wears. Each has it own definition; just like when one looks for a certain book in a particular category. I see my own cover as not being plain, but it is not flashy either; it only raises a slight curiosity that seems to grow inside of a person. It has many different surprises that are hidden in plain sight.

The opening hook is always an important teller if the book is going to be any good or if it is just another lame pick up line. If the line does grab one’s attention and makes one crave more, then it leads into a small conversation. A conversation between people mainly contains a little information about one another, a brief description about what they are about, like the passage on a book that tells readers about what new adventures await them if it is their desired to open up and read this particular book.

If the one thinks that the other one is interesting then they may sit and talk for a while, or if one is a guy and the other is a girl, they might trade numbers so that they can get to know each other a little bit more.

There are always problems with every person that I have ever met, but I do not mind that is what makes them fun to be around. Many people will not buy a book because it has a torn page or is a little bit dirty. As long as it has every page I don’t care those books are the best one to have, the reason being that the book has character, it has something that the others don’t have. It is like in life if one only looks for the perfect person they will never find them. I see flaws as perfection, it is what makes a person stand out and creates them into who they are. To accept one as they are, is accepting one’s own self.

Every author has a certain way that they like to write; it is kind of like their fingerprint. Authors like James Patterson use the same type of writing, but will come up with different stories using that method, may it be easy or be one of the trickier styles. It is a habit that they are in, a trend that everyone gets into doing. Like people that we pass by everyday or even ourselves, take the same roads to work, and park in the same parking spot as one does everyday, and does the same old routine that one has been doing for how ever long. I like to have order in my life so that I can find things, such as time for my family to be together, as well as for myself. To have important information that I need to move day-to-day close to me when it is needed. As well as to keeping chaos out of my life, so that I can keep moving forward and creating new pages to my own story.

The ancient Pharaohs of Egypt believe that they could live forever; all they had to do was do something great, so that no one would forget their name. They believed that as long as the world or their people remembered their name they would never truly die, many philosophers believed this as well. So is that why we always remember someone’s name that we like? Everyone wants to leave a legacy behind, while many do not want to leave the earth at all. They want their name to be remembered so that whatever mistakes they may have made, or accomplishment can be helpful to the future, as well as to leave an impression on the earth. Just like a title of a book it wants to leave behind a slight wonder in one’s brain. Then after one has read the story the title wants one to think about it and remember it, so that one will share it with other people, so that it can live on.

Most people have wonder around the labyrinth of shelves filled with thousand of different worlds that can be found in any bookstore or library. What causes us to decide to pick a book and open it to read that first line that could turn one away or make one thirst for more? I know, the title that buries itself into one’s mind. No, it is the elaborate picture, or design on the cover that ensnares the eye. Many like to read just one author out of habit, may be that is it? Could it be that the book is perfect, or is it flawed with character? The passage on the back of the book can always flirt with the brain until it has to ask the book out. No matter what all books are different, no one is alike, some may have similar stories or title but there is one thing that sets them apart, just like the people that pick them up.