I Believe Roommates are not Worth it

Josh - Frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: respect

My friend Lance and I came back from my friend’s apartment to find a passed out roommate with eight kids I do not know in my room. My laptop was sitting out and my television. How could Bob be so careless to just pass out while all of these kids are in our room? I could have been robbed blind and not even known it because of his carelessness. With super glue in one hand and a coke in the other the kid laughs and says his socks are super glued to his feet. My first thought is, really now. What do you say to that coming from some random kid? Before I knew what was going on all hell broke loose. Without warning my roommate springs up from his bed and has a mental break down. He picks up an Ale8one bottle and smashes it across the door screaming about his computer. My mind is blown at this point, and I don’t know where to go. He is by the only exit smashing glass bottles all over the floor. There was a flame in his eye, a rage I have never witnessed before. The last straw was now pulled and I was ready to leave. Finally people found the courage to start leaving the room in silence. But Bob would not let everyone off that easy though would he?

“Rob get back here,” and here is where the straw was broken, he blindside punches Rob in the face.

The floor erupts and chaos takes over, it was like a herd of elephants running rampant dashing left and right. There was no need to say much, and nobody did, they just darted from one side to the next. The explanation for hitting Rob in the end was, imaginary. The excuse for violence was non-existent and that is what really set the last straw in flames now. I refuse to acknowledge my roommate now even to this day. Just because we live in the same room does not mean I have to pay attention to him. I will not show respect to someone who does not deserve my respect. After that night my consideration for him went out the door.

Inconsiderate and arrogant. They are two qualities that I cannot and will not ever understand. People who have those attributes annoy me so I do not understand how others are not annoyed enough to try to not be like that. My first college semester was hurt severely because of my roommate and his ridiculous antics. If I had more quiet time to study and more sleep my grades could have been much better. One inconsiderate roommate ruined my college experience thus far, so I believe they just are not worth the trouble.