This I believe

Sofia - Chattanooga, Tennessee

I believe that everything will turn out the right way even though it doesn’t always look like it. Sometimes life is not you’re walking on roses. Everyone has hard times but we need to survive them and continue the life.

In Finland, I got to know a girl who was the captain on our floorball team. She was a good girl, and we got to know each other. I didn’t hang out with her in my free time but we played together on the field. The following year, we started to practice again but she couldn’t play with us anymore, because she didn’t live in the same city. One Sunday, something happened that I will never forget. I was in my hometowns athletic building when I get a message from our coach. “Tuesday practice is not obligatory because of what happened on Saturday”. I didn’t have any idea what our coach meant by his note. My first idea was, “has something happened in our practice and he is just mad about it?” So I sent a message to my friend on our team “What happened?” She sent me back: “Pauliina died last night in a car accident”. The first minutes I was in complete shock. I thought, “No” it can not be true. But I knew that she wasn’t kidding I just didn’t want to accept it.

From that day, my life changed forever. I could never get her back anymore. She wasn’t that close to me, but I knew many of her best friends. She was just eighteen and did never get live her life. After that day I decided that I will be thankful of everything I get to see and experience. She was first close person who died in my life. I knew after that they that I needed to go through this feeling many more times in my life. Therefore I needed to think positive to understand her death. After a few weeks the idea about she was gone start to be real and began to accept it.

Some people like to talk about their problems. I prefer to work out my problems alone. What is more important for me is to let people know that you can make your life wonderful. I’m a boarding student in the United States this year. Life here is nice and I will make the most out of it. At home my life was good but there wasn’t anything special. Now when I look back I really miss just normal home life. See your mother in the morning doing for you breakfast. Go to school and meet your friends and have fun with them. I havent seen them now in close to 5 months but I will go home for chrismas and those three weeks I will live life every second.

What I want you to understand even if you maybe never travel or experience something new, is that you have something your need to be proud of in your life. Your family, your friends; they are always there for you. Sometimes is just hard to understand it. I know that everyone has hard times but if you just believe it will be better it will be. Thsi is the truth. This essay have helped me to understand how good my life is even though my friend is gone. She will enjoy her life in heaven and protect us from there. I hope one day I will meet her in heaven and I will see her laugh again.