The Value Of Education

Katie - liberty township, Ohio

The Value of Education

I believe that getting an education is one of the most valuable things a person can do in their life. Education has always been the golden path to a good future, although it has not always been an easy goal to achieve. More and more high school graduates are attending college or some kind of schooling to complete their education. Now knowing that jobs are hard to get without a college education, it is becoming more valuable. So valuable that parents are willing to go into tremendous debt to give their children what many of them couldn’t have.

College students also gain respect from elders. At one point that student was just a trouble maker in high school, and now many elders begin to respect these students and are interested in their futures. I have experienced this many times now that I am in college. When I was still in high school, there were many people at my church that wouldn’t go out of their way to have a conversation with me, but now that I am furthering my education they are interested in my decisions. They also say that they are proud of me and wish me luck. I think they begin to see that these children are becoming adults and making big changes in their lives. They also make a point to let me know that they care. I think adults see children in a whole new light when they begin college. Many older people also want to know about college life because they didn’t have the opportunity to experience it. All of these things prove that education is so important and is very respectable.