Crunching the Leaves

briana - gulfport, Mississippi
Themes: nature

Crunching the Leaves

An understanding of satisfaction lies in every fiber of every thread of every soul across this giant land. Be it eating, sleeping, waking up in the morning, everyone lives for the small thrills that come naturally. I believe finding the comfort in nature can be as simple as finding the crunchiest of leaves in the midnight hour of the beginning of a brisk autumn day. By living off of these miniature delights I find my life to be a whirl pool of never ending quests for adventure.

Before I had the idea of seeing the good that can come out of nature I lived inside of a globe without any cracks to shine through to the rest of the world. I noticed things but never processed the details. With the last straw being pulled out of my boring teenage life, I found a flower hiding away in the stack. I saw the withered blossom bloom into an idea. I have trained my brain to look, catch, store, and eventually, regurgitate onto a once empty canvas. After the thoughts have processed, the details have spread, the idea has been created; the real fun begins. Genesis.

With a little bit of paint and a nice empty media, a brand new world can be introduced. Outside of the paint brush and dirtied hands there is the world that operates the well being of our imaginations. Painting can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile. I can tune out the world with one stroke of the brush.

Instead of living in this little town and talking about how terribly boring it is, why not see the good, the beauty, the history, the strange? Any world can be better when you are pointing out its quirks. Every cloud can be a dwelling creature of the sky, every distorted face can be turned into a masterpiece, every color blended can conceive another. Painting, creation, this I believe is all you need to survive this world full of crunchy leaves.