The Influence of Music

Benjamin - Goddard, Kansas

Like a song my belief in music must start at the beginning.

My beginning of music starts with the videogame, Zelda the Ocarina of Time. In this game the character, Link, must fight the forces of evil to gain the Triforce consisting of power, wisdom, and courage. The game inhibits traits that one should embody within the areas of power, wisdom, and courage to keep in balance, and they are told these trait when a player learns a new song. The traits of friendship, love, sincerity, and more are ones that I am constantly fighting for everyday. Every time I hear music, memories of this profound love, and fight for such beliefs come popping into my head. It brings me back to what I am constantly trying to improve at, my quality of life by embodying such traits as the character in the Zelda game.

The day is raining and dark so I feel terrible. I turn on the radio or I open up music files on the computer to listen to music. It lightens me up instantly for my troubles dissipate into the song. Not only does the music do this on my bad days it does it on my good ones as well. When I have just passed what has been the hardest test in my life or when I have accomplished something important to me the music brightens a sunny day up even more. Not only does the music enlighten me it helps me distress so I can be more manageable in turn I can communicate more coherent within my community.

The music community is the stronghold of our world. It allows many, like me, to express themselves and find a niche that other wise cannot be found. The community encourages communication between groups so that they can learn and grow from each other. The groups allow for a close friendly relationship and for reflection time of those people in the group. The habits that are learned from practices and the ability to apply one self to a difficult task cannot be learned in any other way builds up character.

This is why I believe in Music for it shapes the world.

Word Count: 369