Can You See WHat I See? I See Opportunity

Frederick - Detroit, Michigan

I believe that education is opportunity. I believe that education is power and the world revolves around a quality education. Education is extremely significant in this world because without it, your opportunities are limited. I believe that if anyone wants to be somebody in this world, they would need a quality education to achieve that goal. Mostly everyone that we see on television and the people who run our country got to where they are by striving for a quality education. As a BGSU student I am striving to earn a quality education so that I can receive my degree and do something productive with my life. Being an African American male from Detroit, that task could be somewhat difficult because people look at my background and doubt my abilities. Well, I am working very hard to achieve my goal of finishing my education and proving everyone that doubts me wrong. A quality education is the core of this society and coming to BGSU has helped me to realize the importance of education. I now can see many of the opportunities that are available to me now that I am in college and striving to earn a quality education and become successful in my life. I am very grateful that I am able to attend BGSU and further my education. This is one of the best opportunities that I have and I plan to make the best of it. If I couldn’t attend college, I would not have a clear vision of what is possible for me to achieve. I now see that the world has plenty of opportunities to offer and I plan on taking advantage of each and every one of them. Thankfully, I have this opportunity and I now see the world as a better place.