People are Everywhere

Lynn - Bel Aire, Kansas

I believe in people. People are everywhere from a starving child in Africa to an oil baron in the Middle East to me, the average American teen. On a daily basis I come into contact with many other people. There are people that made the clothes that you are wearing, the car that you drive, and the house that you live in. People help you and you can help others in so many ways.

World Vision is a huge help to the hunger issue around the world and the program that they put on every year; the 30 hour famine helps so many starving children. This activity that I participate in helps me to get an idea at least a little bit of what hunger is by fasting for thirty hours. Even though this does not even come close to what these young kids have to deal with on a daily basis I can start to understand and help them with the gifts that I am blessed with. These are the people that are going to be the leaders in our country when I grow old I want them to remember that they were helped as a child. There is no reason that there should be people starving in this world. The amount of food that is available in this world is plenty to feed all and people around the world are starving.

I believe that anyone can change the world. There is nothing stopping anyone, but themselves. I have to trust in those around me because otherwise I have nowhere to look for guidance. There are those people that came before me that went through the same problems that I did and there are those people who run my country that I have no control over what they do. I have to trust these people because I have no control over what they do. Anyone can change the world if they try; anyone anywhere. An impoverished person can overcome that and be the new world Gandhi or Mother Teresa. These are the people that changed the world as we know it for the better and anyone that wants to, can become them today.

People alone change the world and I believe that these people are my and everyone’s future. We need to believe more in those that are to come up to that occasion and push them forward to make the world a better place for everyone. This I believe.