My Father

James - strongsville

The Beliefs Instilled By My Father

Ever since I can remember, my father, more commonly known to me as “dad” has been an important part of my life. He has been the single greatest impact on my life. When I was young he has always been there to give me an extra push when I needed it. I can truly say that my father has given me the tools to get ahead in life, meet new friends, and to live a balanced life. He always worked hard to instill the values of a gentleman within my heart and soul. He has shown me that these values are the most important in life. A gentleman is a man who knows respect and can treat others as he wishes to be treated. My father has laid the groundwork for me to have a successful life, to live happily, and to work hard, but it is my responsibility to build upon what he has taught me and handle the changes in my life as they come to me.

I have seen changes in myself over the last five years. These changes were brought about by both my own ideas and the pressure to grow up in today’s world. The alterations I made to my life allowed for me to go out and earn my own keep, to buy my own things, and to grow pride within myself. Although responsibility is not always fun, if I harness it, it makes it possible to achieve. My life-long goal has always been to go above and beyond the expectations of others and of myself. Much like receiving and “A” on a paper from a teacher, the accomplishment fills you with pride for the positive things you have done. I want this pride to one day be passed on to my family. I feel the need to have my son or daughter look up to me and want the same characteristics to be instilled in them.

As a son of a great father, I know my goal is to one day fill the shoes of my dad. He has done more for my family than most do in a lifetime and he has never shown a sign of stopping until he physically cannot. My dad has become a sound man, balanced in life, balanced in his time. He allows for fun, but he always makes time to finish his work. He has shown me how this world works and how to get ahead. Furthermore, he has never let me take the easy way out. He has taught me that way does not exist. I have grown up with a father from a fatherless past, but I believe I have grown up with one of the most caring and determined people a son could ever have.