There Is No Feeling More Important Than Happiness

Tyler - Wichita, Kansas
Themes: pleasure

I believe in the importance of finding happiness in life. My belief in the importance of happiness began just a few years ago when I entered high school as a brand freshman in the IB program.

It all began with my first day of school. I did not know very many people at school when I first began going there. I was a very shy kid and usually kept away from situations where I had to take risks, because I was always afraid of what other people might think of me. My first semester as a freshman in high school was the most difficult period in my life. Winter Break of that year was a beacon like beacon of hope for me; little did I know that during my short time away from school I would learn my most important life lesson. Christmas has always been a time of joy and happiness for me, and I wanted to make school as enjoyable as spending time with family was. As I probed the depths of my mind I realized that the most important thing more me to do, and it had been right in front of me the whole time, was to just be happy and have fun with life.

My renewed sense of happiness continued through winter break and on in to the second semester of my freshman year.

The first day back at school I was invigorated with this new found sense of happiness. As the first week of back came to a close I realized that I was happier then than I had ever been at school. This is when I began to believe in the power of happiness. As the weeks turned into months I realized that I had found something that would change my life forever. Happiness was my key to a better and more fulfilling life.

This sense of personal fulfillment has continued to affect my life sense that first winter break as a high school freshman.

Over the past two years, my belief in the importance happiness has continued to grow. I worry less and less about the trivial things in life such as fighting over the remote with my brother. I know that this just another moment when I need to step back from the situation and just be happy. My time since that first winter break during high school has been a period of relative bliss and joy for me and it has allowed me to help other people be happier with their lives. I find that I have more energy and can always find a way to put a smile on my face or on the face of another.

This is the story of how I have become a new me- one who is always happy and rarely sad. There is no feeling more important than that of happiness. This I believe.