Stop Asking

David - Biloxi, Mississippi
Themes: question

I believe that I hold few beliefs that I am willing to talk about, at this time. Day in and day out, people have an annoying habit with trying to obtain my opinion for something or another…and they do it without a logical reason. Regardless as to whether they are asking about assignments for school, verification on past ideas, to just the simplest of things involving, as pointless and disturbing as it is, gossip, people behave as if they lack the mental capacity to realize that they are not pre-ordained to the thoughts of others, for their selfish curiosity. I and everyone else, has a right to privacy, regardless of what others may think. I find my thoughts to be my business, when they concern others, I will, most likely inform them.

I believe that a person should be able to go about their business without having to answer meaningless questions. If someone needs me to reveal information, then said person should give a legit reason. Other-wise, my mind is for me to be aware of and no one else. Take this project (part of the project for class was a matter of sending a copy) for example: why would I, in my right mind, want to state my beliefs with no apparent, positive reason? If I wanted others to be aware of what I thought I would choose to invest my time on the issue, and not do so for the sole purpose of an assignment.

Next, why would I bother with gossip? Time and time again, literally on a daily basis, people attempt to share gossip with me. Do they really expect for me to delude myself into believing the things they say and being aware of said things as aware of the existence of those that are saying it? I would like to think not. Yet, how many people over the years have wished for me to presume that I know or are aware of what is going on in the lives of others, just because they said things were occurring? I personally, find it immoral and an act of wronging another person by treating them or as much as letting some piece of gossip effect, in any way, shape, or form, in my treatment of that person, including, of course, the act of pretending not to allow information to effect the person it is about, which is, in itself, an act of allowing it to effect others.