Were all different were not the same

Ashley - Mississippi

What if everyone told you that you were not capable of being whatever you wanted? What if no one had faith in you to succeed, and thought you would turn out to be a nobody? The world would be a different place.

I believe it is important to give people the motivation they need to succeed. To obtain the skills needed in life , giving someone motivation is very crucial. If everyone expected the other person to be a failure at life, this world would be nothing. Motivation is the key to success. Without giving people he push they need we would have things such as televisions, phones, computers.

It all started when I was in the 6th grade, I had a teacher that made a huge impact in my life. Since I could remember I always had trouble focusing is school. Most of the time I was the main one getting written up at school. My parents took me to the doctors, and I was diagnosed with ADHD. When my teacher was informed she told me that I would never be able to amount to anything because I could barely pay attention in her class. Daily she would remind me that I wouldn’t be able to make it in the real world.

When I first heard her say I would be nothing I lost all hope in myself. I felt like I was not worth anything.. My self esteem was effected negatively. Just because I have ADHD did not mean that I would not be able to focus in life. Without the motivation I should have gotten I received negative reinforcement. It took some work for me mental to try to motivate myself to believe in me.

Sometimes I wish I was like everyone else, and didn’t have my attention disorder, but not really. Because I believe it is important to give people the motivation they need to succeed because we’re all different in our own ways. This I believe.