Faith in positivity and change

Melyssa - Wichita, Kansas

It has taken me about ten years to figure out what I thought would be my life credo and only the course of events of the past three months to change it. Tomorrow I will be seventeen and I now have more of an idea of my life credo than I did when I began trying to discover my purpose. I believe my purpose is to help those who are sufffering. I will now explain what I believe in. I believe that no matter how big or small that everyone is equal. From the developing fetus in its mother’s womb to the elderly man who lives on the corner, everyone holds a purpose and significance. Race, ethnicity, gender, religion, and all other differences should hold no importance to who a person is and how they are. Differences make us who we are. No two beings are alike not even identical twins. In order to live in today’s society I must force myself to always try to find a positive solution to any situation. I believe,however, that the world needs peace not war, love not hate, acceptance not rejection, and tolerance not impatience. If I could change someone’s life by teaching them this I would definitely take the opportunity. I believe in forgiveness eventhough it is often difficult. I believe that one person can change the world, take Ghandi for an example he made massive changes in India, all it takes is to teach acceptance of all to create a bond between billions. I believe change as long as it is good can create an overwhelming since of relief for someone and can allow them to focus on the positivity of their life such as being alive for another day. I used to be negative and always find something wrong in every situation this was because I was unhappy and miserable. Now,however, I look for any hope of something positive because living a miserable life is nothing compared to truly livng a happy, loving,and laughter filled life. So in total I believe that positivity is the key to truly finding happiness and a purpose for life.