Through Faith, Anything is Possible

chelsea - gainesville, Florida

Through Faith, Anything is Possible

I have always been a strong believer in God and know that he works in mysterious. Growing up in a church you learn that through faith and prayer all your problems will go away. Through the ages 12 to 18 I’ve had the privilege to teach Sunday school at my local church that I have been attending since young child. There were a few times where I had doubts about the way God answers prayers, but I’ve had the chance to witness numerous miracles.

When I was eight years old my parents divorced after four years of marriage. The divorced came about because my father had a strong addiction to drugs and would take things from our household to maintain his addiction. Nights I would hear my mother cry because of all the stuff my father stole from our home. Things that my younger brother and I got for Christmas or birthdays, but most importantly the things my mother worked hard to provide for her family.

Surprisingly I wasn’t upset about the divorce. My brother at the time was only an infant and didn’t know any better. After the divorce was final my mother had to take care of my brother and me as a single parent. Something she didn’t want to do. Soon after the divorce my grandmother became ill and my mother had to take care of her. It was a hard time for my mother and I wish I never experience that era in my mother’s life.

My mother started to work late nights at work to replace the things my father stole from us. While she worked late, I was taking care of my grandmother and little brother. It hurt my heart to see my mother go through that and I tried to pitch in and help with as much as possible. I would hear my cry in the middle of nights and pray to God for him to continue to give her strength. Sometimes I asked why she kept praying when it didn’t seem like God was answering her prayers. She would tell that he was answering her prayers. He was answering her prayer by giving her the strength to wake up every morning and go to work to support her family.

Soon enough I began to see how our lives changed. They went from struggles to relaxation. My mother got a promotion at her job, my grandmother illness qualified her for free homecare, and my brother and I were well taking care of. Though my father never paid a cent of his child support, my mother didn’t let that stop her.

Having strong faith in someone can change a whole lot of insights. After witnessing my mother’s trials and tribulations, I realized through faith all things are possible.