Chelsea - gulfport, Mississippi
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in second chances. In the fall of 2007 I met my best friend Jason. We were both a part of a play with the local teen acting troupe Acting Anonymous. Since this was a group of high schoolers there was bound to be drama over who would snag the cutest guy which happened to be Jason. At first I just stayed back and let the other girls fight over him but when the play was over I figured the drama would die out and I could get to know him better.

He and I started hanging out more. After hanging out a few times I got the courage to ask him to a débutante ball. The drama however did not die down, my good friend Ellen had started to hang out with him as well. Thirty minutes after I asked him to the ball she called him to do the same. He chose to go with me and his decision tore apart Ellen’s and my friendship. I lost a good friend but gained a best friend after that day. That night was also the start of a relationship that would change my life forever. We spent almost everyday together; however after our first few weeks of dating he just did not feel he was ready for commitment. We had three attempts at a relationship together and in February he decided it was going to work out.

We spent three months apart, we did not speak or see each other. It was not until June when I was in Nebraska for a theatre trip that I heard from him again. He and I started talk again, trying to catch up on the three months of silence we had endured. The feeling I had were still there and I was shocked when he asked me for a second chance. My friends and family thought it was very foolish of me to have giving him a second chance since the multiple times we had broken up before. I listened to my heart and am thankful I did because I gave my best friend a second chance to be with me and this time I know it will be forever.