Eating together as a family

Jessie - McEwen, Tennessee
Themes: family, place

I believe that eating together as a family develops excellent family relationships. Having a set time of the day to spend with your family is very rewarding not every family is able to take time out of their day to spend with each other. A lot of families have problems because they don’t spend enough time getting to know each other and know the changes that are occurring in their lives. The reasons why I believe in eating together as a family is being able to communicate with each other, nourishment, and also it helps yourself save money eating outside of your house. Having family time is the best way to keep your family together. One of the best ways to have family time is while a family is eating because it develops such strong relations with one another.

One reason why I believe in eating as a family is because you get to communicate among each other about each other’s day and how appetizing the meal is. Staying communicated with your family is very benefitual to not only your health but to your other family members. Conversations with your family give you the opportunity to bond, plan, and learn from one another. When we use to live in a trailer we never ate together as a family we always just ate on the couch, floor, and even in our rooms. When we did that we didn’t have very good communication skills with one another. The best form of communication is the ones that are cheerful and loving but of course you still have to receive the stern ones not because they want to yell at you but because they know you can do better and they just want the best for you. I think the best time of the day to eat together is the final meal of the day, supper. You get to experience how everyone’s day went, what future plans are, and what changes are occurring in each other’s lives. Your family is the most cherish able thing in your life if you will just welcome it into your heart and mind.

The second reason why I believe in eating together as a family is the nourishment you receive in the meals. When you have home cooked healthy meals you are receiving the correct nutrition required to fuel your body. Staying healthy and eating correctly, when you are at a young, is the key to building strong bones and teeth. Correct nutrition also benefits your immune system to help you fight viruses and diseases. As a person ages, they are even more effect by their food choices.

The third reason why I believe in eating together as a family is because it helps save money. Going out to eat these days is extremely expensive. We have four people in our household and when it comes to going out on special occasions it costs minimal of about $80. Most of the time when I go out to eat it’s not as good as what it would be if I was at home eating but it is more convenient to me dealing with such a busy schedule. Now a day’s people eat out all of the time with kids because they don’t want to cook which that is fine every once in awhile but is not a habit that needs to be formed. So saving money is a great way to keep your family in good financial shape.

In conclusion, making time to spend eating meals with your family creates a well rounded household. Families are supposed to be there for each other through the good and the bad occasions that occur in a lifetime. Instead of spending money to go eat at a restaurant and receive unhealthy food, many families have realized that staying at home to eat meals doesn’t only save money but it develops a healthier body system because you are receiving healthy ingredients with the meal being served. I believe that families are more involved with one enough when they simply take time out of their busy day and sit down at home and enjoy a healthy meal together and discuss each other’s lives.