lover of the drink

Justin - camden, Tennessee
Themes: addiction

I never understood why I became a lover of the drink. All in one sip just wasting my life away. As my senior year went on at Camden High I became something I didn’t need to be an alcoholic. I loved to drink; I loved the different taste that each different type of beer or liquor brought to the table.

As the year progressed my grades started to drop, my attitude started to change, and my friends started to stray away form me. But as I was drinking none of that really mattered it was like aw well there will always be more people who needs them. Well that is not the attitude to have. As I sit and look at myself being a lover of the drink I look at myself as a stupid fool that was under age and being stupid.

Now as a lot of people know we have a young lady named Bethany Arnold that graduated with me that is seriously hurt from a four wheeler wreck. Bethany fiancé was driving as they crashed. Cody the fiancé is my best friend he is one of the only true friends that stuck with me till the end of my drinking problem. He was there every night that we drank watching me waste my life away on something so stupid knowing it was not going to get me anywhere.

As the wreck happened that night Bethany had bad head wounds and the doctors were not certain she would live through the night. As Cody and I stood at her bed side the next night after the wreck we both knew that it could have been one of us. Either when we were riding down the road on four wheelers drinking or just drinking and acting like fools we were the true lovers of the drink not her but in innocent always get hurt.

As my life has slowly gone on I have finally realized that as I drink my life is not the only one that is affected by it. My fiancés life is my parents and everyone that I am around when I have been drinking hates me. Not only because I smell bad, but because I am hate everyone that I come in contact with. I finally see that it could have never been me to get hurt when I was a lover of the drink but very easily lost the one thing that I care the most about my fiancé. The person that always gets hurt I promise you will be the innocent one not the wrong doer but the one that would rather him just be himself the one she fell in love a year ago.

Bethany is now doing better as time progresses she is learning to walk again and write and everything prays are still wanted and needed. Always though even though they wasn’t drinking she was still the innocent one because there was times when it should have been any lover of the drink.

Life is valuable why waste it on one good time that gets you no where but could hurt someone else forever.