Happy Ever After

Katherine - cunningham, Tennessee
Themes: hope, love

Every little girl believes in the magic of true love. As a child, I always loved the story of Cinderella. I would lay in bed at night and dream of my fairy godmother. She would be standing beside my bed ready to transform me into a beautiful princess. My animals would be changed in an instant also into horseman and horses to pull my chariot. I would be whisked away to meet my prince charming at the evening ball. Unlike the original story ending, my Cinderella story has a somewhat different ending. At the stroke of midnight, my prince charming asks me to marry him and thus starts our new life.

I have witnessed first hand a real picture of true love. My brother and sister-in-law have been married for twenty years. They are so happy together. They really love each other and care about each other. They have three children whom they adore. They are partners in life and truly best friends.

I, too, have always dreamed of meeting and falling in love with my special someone. This man will be tall, rugged, and very handsome. He will be sensitive and caring. He will be full of compassion and know how to really listen to me. I feel that we will both know we are right for each other when we first meet. We will be lovers, best friends, and soul mates destined to be together. We will have a big family and there will be lots of love and laughter to fill our home.

As a woman plans her wedding and her life, she ponders many things. She wants to feel loved above all. Security is also important. The couple should share the same values because this is what will shape their future. One day I will walk down the aisle on my father’s arm and I will look straight ahead into my future husband’s eyes. As I step closer and closer I will be able to feel the presence of heavenly love. As the preacher speaks, God will join us together as man and wife. Our old lives will be gone and our new lives will be just beginning. We will finally get to experience our happily ever after.