I Have No Pity

Katie - Bowling Green, Ohio

I believe no one should feel sorry for me.

Tragedy happens in life, and I believe that the tragedies that have happened in my life have only made me stronger. They have defined me as a person and I don’t except pity from anyone. I’m still an able body person and have a lot of successes in my life.

The tragedies have defined me in a positive way. Sad things happen, but no matter how sad they may be I would not call myself a sad person. I have accomplished a lot of things, and I plan on accomplishing a lot more in my life time. The tragedies I have had have not, and will not hold me back.

My number one tragedy in my life is the passing of my father. So many studies show that children suffer from not growing up with two parents. But I would disagree. I have suffered in my own ways, but I still am the best I could be and I will not accept otherwise. I refuse to sit there and listen to people say they are sorry for me, yes it is a sad thing, but I am not a sad person.

I am who I am today because of the events that have happened in my life. I am proud of who I am, and like where I am at. People say children suffer from growing up with single parents, but I have not. I am strong, determined, happy, and proud. I am what I would like to be and never have regretted who I have become.

I believe no one should feel sorry for me, because I do not have pity for myself. I am who I would like to be, and yes there are some things that could change, but for now I am happy with where I am at.