No Regrets Tomorrow

Rigoberto - Ocala, Florida

Living life with no regrets is more than just an attitude. It is a way of life for me. I believe that this philosophical following carries tremendous importance for my life and I feel that it is the root cause for doing what I do each day. Every morning, I wake up to the realization that life is all about making choices on a step by step basis. In my job, in school, and in my personal life, I make choices that are almost always guided by my belief that positive thoughts will bring about positive actions. Surely this may sound like a new age motivational motto but it bears significant accuracy. I make an agreement with myself that I am not going to avoid any circumstance that would allow me to escape my comfort zone, because that is where absolute truth lies.

I believe in coming out as a participant, not as an observer. This is a life that needs to be committed to; a commitment to our dreams, wants, and desires. Being proactive in life is also part of living without regrets. Whether I want to join a community organization, join a relief effort, or aid someone in need of help, I understand that those choices will cause ripple effects in the universe. I follow Aristotle’s philosophy: Living a life of no regrets is at the heart of the Aristotle’s life plan and that making good choices inevitably leads to such a life. In order to live a life of no regrets, I believe that a system of principled planning is necessary. Such a system focuses on planning your life around principles on a daily basis. It is too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day activities if you do not focus your planning on quality issues.

That is why I do not often get angry at people. In order to live life without regrets, we must learn to forgive others and forgive ourselves. Everyone makes terrible choices and past mistakes. You can only try to repair and/or learn from them. It is also about learning from people. All the people in your life have something to teach you. Take one person in your life at a time and make a list of what they can educate you in. For example, your grandfather might teach you about history or the stock market or football. Your mother could teach you about cooking or some other interest. Even if what they know does not interest you-take the time and try to learn from everyone. I value them for that. I do not obsess about what other people think or say about me, nor do I really care, unless the criticism is constructive and positive.