Be Yourself…

Felicia - Fort Collins, Colorado

“Dance as if no one is watching, live as if you were the only one living.” I believe that a person should follow and be who they want to be. “Dance as if no one is watching,” don’t hide who you are, it’s your time to shine and show who you can be. Perform your ability to be educated and be yourself. “Live as if you were the only one living,” don’t pretend to be someone your not. If you live like you’re the only one living, you have the chance to be yourself without people telling you who you are!

We have all been told who to be, what to wear, who to act like. Being a freshman in high school, I get told a lot about what I act like, and who I should be. I try my hardest to dress the way I want to dress, even if it’s not the latest fashion. I hate being told how to act. My best friend and I are very energetic happy people. We chose to be who we are and no one can tell us who we are and who we can be. Also, I believe peer pressure has a lot to do with this. We get into our little clicks, and there not always the best influences on us. Usually in clicks, they tell you what to wear, who to hang out with, and what to do. It’s not always for the best, sometimes it can lead into really bad peer pressure. I try my hardest to stay out of groups/clicks like that. In high school, especially as a freshman and sophomore, it is the hardest to resist temptations of peer pressure, because we want to “fit in” which in reality, we just have to be ourselves and we will fit in perfect! And you’ll find friends who like the same things as you.

I believe that a person should be who they want to be. I believe that a person should not be forced into peer pressure, and they have the power to say NO. I believe that no one can change you, you have to do it yourself, and you are the only one that should be let to change your own beliefs!