Never be Afraid

Adrian - columbus, Ohio

I believe that if you are not afraid to go out and see new things you will have a better life.

Have you ever been afraid to go out and leave what you are so use to. Well I have until I moved from a little town in Ohio called Xenia, to the city of Columbus with my dad. I believe that when you not afraid to go out and see new things will make your life a lot better. I was only thirteen years old and in the 7th grade when I moved to Columbus. Although I was scared to move to from a small town to a big city I had my twin sister with me. It made me a little more comfortable to know she was going to be there with me. I knew it was going to be a new experience; with me being shy I knew it was going to be hard for me to make new friends and find things to do.

Through my years of middle school and high school in Columbus I made a lot of friends and even best friends. I played for the basketball and football team in high school. While playing on these teams I meet my two best friends. Before moving to Columbus I never thought I would have found my two best friends there. Also in Columbus I experienced more in the city then I would have in Xenia and I’m not mad at that. I have also had a lot of memories that I will never forget.

After going through this experience this is why I believe not being afraid to go out and see new things can make your life better. You will never know what is out in the world until you go see and do things. Just by believing this it has made me have a different look on life, so I try to get out and live life to the fullest every day. I remember during the end of high school I was a little nervous about leaving off to college. I thought I would get home sick and wouldn’t want to stay. As the summer came around I remember I couldn’t wait to go to college. My friends and family would ask me if I was nervous or scared to leave for school, I said “No if anything I’m ready to go”. I just couldn’t wait to see what it was like.