Family dinner

Jaime - Liberty TWP, Ohio
Themes: family, place

I believe that every household should sit down as a family and have dinner together five nights a week. This is not asking too much from anyone. When my parents were children this was something every family did without a second thought. Family seemed to come first and everything else was second priority. Today, families are so consumed with their own lives, it is hard for them to take an hour or two out of their days to sit down and have a nice dinner with their family. Those family dinners that use to come first, now have started to become second priority to a lot of families. Without those family dinners five nights a week, I do not believe that I would be the same person I am today. My family has helped me through a lot of problems at the dinner table. They gave me advice that helped me grow as a person such as, “do not let people change who you are, be yourself.” Family is the most important thing in my life. I do not know what I would do without them or without those nights at the dinner table with them. They are the greatest people in the world. Since being in college I miss those five nights a week dinner with them. Those dinners are what I most look forward to when I come home. I believe that every household should sit down as a family and have dinner together five nights a week.