javier - beachpark, Illinois

I believe in being direct and straight forward expressing your opinions and feelings. As American citizens the bill of rights supports and gives us freedom of speech to express our views and opinions; why wouldn’t you appreciate that? There are people within the world who would love to have an opportunity to voice and state their point of views, but they don’t out of fear of what may happen. As an outspoken individual who always expresses their opinions, I will fully appreciate the freedom the bill of rights gives me to voice my opinions and point of views freely. To me when a person isn’t straight forward and doesn’t express how they truly feel on certain issues they are living their lives as a lie.

The only problem with being straight forward and expressing your opinions is, a lot of people may see you as an asshole. I don’t have a problem with that because I don’t care about what people think. Many people aren’t straight forward because they care about what people think, and don’t want to offend them. Being straight forward and telling the truth shows people you care about them enough to tell them the truth whether what you have to say is positive or negative. It’s been times in my life where I have not expressed how I truly feel and I regret it. It takes courage to voice your opinions knowing not everyone will agree, and some will take it personal. People may call or see me as an asshole, but if you ask any of my close friends, they will tell you they respect my opinions; knowing I will never lie or deceive them in any kind of way, shape, or form.

I’m not a supporter of deceiving people leading them to believe things that aren’t true, or sugar coating what I have to say; especially when I have a strong opinion about the situations. What I say, is what I mean; I don’t regret or take back what I say. Despite my strong believe to voice my opinions, I know when the time is appropriate to express my thoughts, and I know when to shut up. My mouth has caused me to get into trouble man times in past, and I don’t condone speaking out at inappropriate times. At the end of the day everyone has different views, opinions, and beliefs which I respect, but just make sure you stick and stand behind yours.