A Healthy Addiction

Dustin - Diberville, Mississippi
Themes: sports

I believe in the power of jogging. Surprisingly, I would always manage to drag myself to go jogging about every day. No matter during the hot or cold, rain or sunshine, or day or night, the benefits from jogging would keep me active.

As I come home from a stressful day at school, the only thing on my mind is going out for a run. Whenever I’m feeling for a jog, nothing can get in my way. I would prepare myself with water, running shoes, and a boost of mental excitement. Jogging can occur anywhere, not only in parks. Joggers can run at the gym, around the neighborhood, and even on bridges. As I arrive at the bridge, I pump myself with enthusiasm. I warm up by stretching and doing jumping jacks. As I get ready to start jogging, I set a goal in my head. My goal increases as I jog everyday. Seeing other people jog gives me inspiration to complete my goal. My body feels light as a feather as the wind breezes by me. The atmosphere on the bridge brightens my attitude. Everyone on the bridge has a common goal, to stay fit by completing the bridge. My mind is cleared from all the stress whenever I watch the sunset. Even though I was drastically exhausted after completing the bridge, I felt like I could take on the world. The power of jogging keeps me coming back for more. Jogging has become a major part of my everyday lifestyle.

I believe in jogging because it has physical benefits also. Jogging everyday can increase my overall stamina. Being fit gives me the energy I need to take on everyday tasks. Jogging helps me maintain a healthy weight, reducing the chance of weight-related diseases. After a good run on the bridge, I am able to sleep and eat better. The number of benefits that come from jogging are plentiful.

Many people say that they do not have time to go jogging. A simple jog around the neighborhood is adequate. If everyone were to try jogging once, the mental and physical benefits would keep them coming back. From my life-changing experiences, I believe in the power of jogging.