Nick - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I believe that first impressions last a life time. I have always been taught that your first impression on someone is the best thing that you can have. I believe when doing something you should always give it 110%. When doing this people will get the impression that you are a really hard working person. So when I am working or playing sports I give it all I have. This includes working and playing hurt with a little pain. This has also landed me a job offer in the last year just from a first impression and my work ethic. For example my friend’s dad owns a local wrecker service in town and he has offered me a job to come work for him just from the impression I have landed on him. In the past year there were multiple semis overturned with cargo on them that needed to be cleaned up. During these wrecks I gave it all I had and worked as hard as possible until the job was done.

During my life I feel this has shaped my life due to the fact that growing up my family wasn’t the richest. Everything that we had was worked for and earned. So this has taught me to even though that my family didn’t have a lot of money that I could still land an impression on someone that would last a lifetime if I showed that I was a really hard worker. My family has inspired this belief in me due to the fact of how I was raised and the environment I was raised in. The older I get the more I see this belief being true. People see first impressions and judge you on this. So when you get the chance to land a first impression on someone don’t think twice about it. The famous saying “you don’t get a second chance to land a first impression on someone.” I take this to heart and believe it in everything that I do.

Throughout my life so far I have watched friends and family member land impressions on people that helped some and cost others. I believe seeing this also helped scope me into the person I am. Seeing other people’s mistakes and gains has allowed me to learn the dos and don’ts in life on landing that perfect impression that will stay with someone for the rest of their lives.