My best is good enough

Auna - Orem, Utah

I’m a week away from finishing my first semester of college. Up until this point this semester of school has been the most challenging and busiest time of my life. I look back on the semester though with no regrets, this is because I learned a valuable lesson that will stay with me. I learned that I just have to continually strive to do my best and it will gradually get better. I believe that my absolute best is good enough. I am a perfectionist and so many times during the semester I didn’t feel my best was good enough in all aspects of my life (sports, school, and religion). I was overwhelmed with more then I could handle. But my challenges have helped me in discovering and learning that my best is good enough.

It doesn’t matter what other people say or think about me all I can do is my best and that is good enough for me. I truly believe this and am working on being my best every day. I know that as I strive to be my personal best every day, my old best will be able to become better. I don’t need to waste my time comparing myself to others in jealousy. Being jealous does not help me become my best. If others are better at things then me that is great! I can look up to their good example and take from it what I can. I know that my best will improve while I diligently try to do my best every day.

There are always things that I can improve on and get better at. My life experiences and early college experience has taught me to better accept the fact that I’m not going to be perfect. That’s ok. I’m just going to learn from the past, then let it go, live in the present to the best of my ability and the future will take care of its self.